Dienstag, 1. September 2015

Vegan MoFo #1: Rise and Shine

Hello and Good Morning, Vegan MoFoers!

Vegan MoFo is back and we will happily be chatting about vegan food the whole month of September. It will be fun to see what others vegans have on their plate and what everyone will do with the daily promts.
Prompt of the day: "Rise and shine! Tell us about your breakfast."

Oh, breakfast, how much I love you! Fresh tea with milk, German rolls and plates with cheese and smoked salmon and... wait! This was pre-vegan breakfast!
I have long struggled to find a vegan breakfast that I like. For a long time, breakfast was two slices of toast, with cheese or turkey sausage and tea with milk. I have switched from black to green tea, after realizing that I needed 4 teaspoons of sugar to equal out the taste of the soy milk.
I have tried vegan cheeses and deli slices, but they all disappointed my taste buds. Granola wasn't  for me, either, it just doesn't keep me full until lunch.
At the moment, I am quite pleased with a combination of one slice of toast with vegan cream cheese and chia pudding with fruit. It looks so colourful and healthy, this makes me happy in the morning.



I need something quick and easy in the morning, so the chia seeds get soaked in coconut milk the night before, fruit is waiting in the fridge, already cut up, and everything goes together really quick.

From time to time we do enjoy vegan pancakes in the morning, with maple sirup and fruit, this would be my son's favourite breakfast:



This is one breakfast I really enjoyed: Fresh rye rolls from the baker  and the vegan version of a german spread called "Fleischsalat", usually stripes of deli with gherkins and mayonnaise.. This vegan spread was sooo good!



And of course there is scrambled tofu! Whenever there is a hectic day ahead, I turn to scrambled tofu. With mushrooms and salsa and avocado on the side. Yum!


What is your favourite breakfast? I am looking forward to other posts on VeganMoFo!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen